FASD Resources for Service Providers
Information to guide clinicians when making a diagnosis of FASD:
- Canadian Guidelines Overview
- Cook J et al. Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD): Guidelines for Diagnosis Across the Lifespan. 2016 CMAJ Feb 16;188(3)191-7.
- FASD who does what
- Screening Tool for FASD
- CanFASD: Why is diagnosis important (PDF)
Useful resources for diagnosticians:
- Overlapping Behavioral Characteristics & Related Mental Health Diagnoses in Children (PDF)
- Behavioral Symptoms & Accommodations for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) (PDF)
- Lip-Philtrum Guide
- Head Circumference
- FASD Diagnostic Worksheet
- Palpebral fissure length
- Canadian data for palpebral fissure norms
- Clarren SK et al Normal distribution of palpebral fissure lengths in Canadian school children Can J Clin Pharmacol Vol 17(1) Winter 2010:e67-e78; February 10, 2010
- Details regarding specific assessments and criteria for diagnosis
- Cook J et al. Appendix 1 Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD): Guidelines for Diagnosis Across the Lifespan. 2016 CMAJ Feb 16;188(3)191-7.
Information for clinicians regarding diagnosis and treatment:
- Non-Pharmacological Treatment
- Infographic on Non-Pharmacological Treatment for FASD (PDF)
- Pharmacological Treatment
- CanFASD — Canada FASD Research Network
- Mela et al. The utility of psychotropic drugs on patients with FASD: a systematic review. Psychiatry and Clinical Psychopharmacology 2018
- Treatment algorithm for the use of psychopharmacological agents in individuals prenatally exposed to alcohol and/or with diagnosis of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) (PDF)
London Middlesex FASD Community of Practice (CoP)
What is the CoP?
The London Middlesex FASD CoP provides a place for professionals working with children and youth in the London Middlesex County to connect, collaborate, and develop knowledge in relation to FASD, and then to engage in knowledge transfer when they return to their respective community agencies. The purpose of the CoP is to build capacity in the professional community for prevention, assessment, and service delivery in relation to FASD in the London and Middlesex County.
Co-Chairs of CoP
Member Agencies of CoP